If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
WORKSHOP- Successful Disaster Recovery
September 18, 2018 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Housing providers should be aware of the external disaster planning process and understand their role in supporting the process by participating and providing information necessary to prevent the loss of life and property in the event of a disaster. This workshop describes the leadership and coordinator responsibilities of public-sector housing providers as they interact with external emergency operations and planning functions that take place at the county and municipal levels.
The presenters with address how SHIP-DR and other funding sources that may contribute to disaster recovery. Topics include disaster-related documentation required, avoiding duplication of benefits, disaster-related repair considerations, using SHIP with CDBG-DR, and more. Training presenters will include local government staff who will discuss their recovery work from past disasters. The presentations and group exercises will reference the Housing Coalition’s new publication, “Florida Disaster Management Guide for Housing”. All participants will receive this book, plus an extra copy to share with others in their communities.
Who Should Attend?
- New and experienced SHIP staff from local government and nonprofit organizations
- Community partners in disaster preparedness, including volunteer agencies, lenders and service
- SHIP Disaster Strategy in Overall Disaster Management Context
- Housing Administrator’s role in the Preparedness, Response and Recovery Phases
- Disaster Mitigation and Building Resiliency
- Volunteer Organizations in Disaster Management
- Staff Support for the Disaster Strategy
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Case Studies
- SHIP Disaster Frequently Asked Questions