If you would like to search by Workshops or Webinars, please use the search tool below. Click here for the 2022-2023 Catalyst Training Calendar.
At the Florida Housing Coalition, we are committed to accessibility. We are currently revising and adapting all our trainings for full accessibility. While we build out this important component, if you need an accommodation to attend a training or for a specific publication, white paper, or fact sheet, please reach out to email@example.com with the name of the training or resource and what accommodation we can provide.
For questions, please contact the Florida Housing Coalition at 850-878-4219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
WORKSHOP – Enhancing Nonprofit Capacity for Providing Affordable Housing Assistance (Jacksonville)
March 7, 2018 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This workshop is designed for those interested in building their nonprofit organizational capacity and sustainability, including executive directors, senior staff, board members, and local government staff working with nonprofits. The presenters will explore several facets of nonprofit capacity, including resources, organizational structure, programmatic, and networking capacity. The training will help participants identify what factors can boost nonprofit performance, addressing topics like staffing and strategic planning. In addition, the trainings will discuss board of directors’ composition and fiduciary responsibilities, to help distinguishing between board and staff responsibilities. Participants will learn how to evaluate a nonprofit’s financial strength by examining the documents that must be reviewed.
Who Should Attend?
- Staff at housing nonprofit organizations
- Local government housing administrators
- Sub Recipient organizations involved in SHIP implementation
- Community partner
- Leader transitions
- Financial policies, reporting, budgeting, and evaluation
- Managing for performance outcomes
- Rules for effective advocacy
- How nonprofits adapt and respond to changing business requirements, market environments, and stakeholder expectations
- Identifying what factors can boost nonprofit performance
- Staffing and strategic planning
- Board of directors’ composition and fiduciary responsibilities
- Understanding board and staff responsibilities
This workshop is sponsored by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s Affordable Housing Catalyst Program and Facilitated by the Florida Housing Coalition.
Upon completion of this training each participant will receive a certificate of completion